Danaca Design COVID-19 Studio Safety Protocol
Out of an abundance of caution we have created this studio protocol in an attempt to maintain a Covid-free zone at Danaca Design Studio. Gathering for classes will require being indoors for an extended period of time which alone carries risk. To reduce risk, we will allow a maximum of 5 students and one instructor in the studio at any given time. To further reduce risk, we will sanitize the studio before and after each class. However, for these guidelines to be effective everyone must be vigilant and adhere to the same protocol. Please read the following carefully.
Sign the Danaca Design COVID-19 Protocol and Studio Waiver HERE.
- Please be sure you have a comfortable and properly fitted mask.
- If you are able to, please take your temperature before coming to class. If it is elevated, please stay home. You will receive a class credit.
- Doors and windows will be open during class to provide the best air circulation possible. Please dress accordingly.
- Tools and surfaces will be sanitized prior to class.
- Staff and instructor will be masked.
- Class sizes are limited to six students, plus the instructor.
- The studio will not be open to the public.
IN-CLASS PROTOCOL FOR STUDENTS
Please do not come to the studio if:
- You are at high risk for complications from COVID-19.
- Have a household member with COVID-19 symptoms.
- May have had exposure to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- You have traveled in the past 14 days by airplane, bus, or train. Travel increases risk of contracting and transmitting COVID-19. Please confirm that you have NOT traveled in the past fourteen days by airplane, bus, or train.
- Have any of the following symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat
- GI symptoms
- Severe headache
- Body aches
- Recent loss of sense of smell or taste
When you arrive:
- Put your mask on before entering the building.
- Sanitize your hands before entering the building.
- We will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer when you arrive. If your temperature is elevated, you will not be permitted to attend class and you will receive a class credit.
- Wash your hands upon arrival; rewash often. CDC guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html
While in the studio:
- Wear a mask at all times while inside. If you need a break from your mask, please go outside.
- Hand sanitizer is available at each workstation. Make a habit of sanitizing each time you leave or return to your workstation.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between you and other people, including the instructor.
- Use provided paper towels to dry your hands and to turn off taps.)
- Do not wait in line for the bathroom.
- Do not linger in common areas.
- Students will not be allowed to eat inside the studio. We suggest eating in your car or at the nearby park. Students may pull a stool out front to eat. Regular breaks will be taken during class for everyone to take a breather outside.
- Tool use
- Wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer before touching anything in the studio.
- Studio tools must be sanitized with isopropyl spray before putting them away. Do not leave tools out in common areas.
- Sanitize and put tools away as soon as you are finished.
- 2 students allowed at the hammering bench at a time.
- 2 students allowed at the soldering bench at a time.
- 1 student allowed at the buffing machines at a time. (Only the instructor may accompany you to this area.)
- Stick to your bench area as much as possible.
- All tools and high-touch surfaces sanitized, including knobs, handles, brooms and other cleaning equipment.