Danaca Design COVID-19 Studio Safety Protocol and Waiver
If you are taking an in-studio class, please read the following carefully. Out of an abundance of caution we have created this strict studio protocol in an attempt to maintain a Covid-free zone at Danaca Design Studio. Gathering for classes will require being indoors for an extended period of time which alone carries risk. For these guidelines to be effective everyone must be vigilant and adhere to the same protocol.
COVID-19 Studio Safety Protocol
- Please be sure you have a comfortable and properly fitted mask. Your mask is your best defense against spreading and receiving the virus. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html
- If you are able to, please take your temperature before coming to class. If it is elevated, please stay home. You will receive a class credit.
- Doors and windows will be open during class to provide the best air circulation possible. Please dress accordingly.
- Tools and surfaces will be sanitized prior to class.
- Staff and instructor will be masked.
- Class sizes are limited to six students, plus the instructor.
- The studio will not be open to the public during class hours.
IN-CLASS PROTOCOL FOR STUDENTS
From the CDC regarding travel:
“Travel increases your chance of spreading and getting COVID-19. Delay travel and stay home to protect yourself and others from COVID-19, even if you are vaccinated.
If you must travel, take steps to protect yourself and others:
- If you are eligible, get fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Before you travel, get tested with a viral test 1-3 days before your trip.
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when in public.
- Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet/2 meters (about 2 arm lengths) from anyone who did not travel with you.
- Get tested 3-5 days after your trip and stay home and self-quarantine for a full 7 days after travel, even if your test is negative. If you don’t get tested, stay home and self-quarantine for 10 days after travel.
- Follow all state and local recommendations or requirements after travel.”
Please do not come to the studio class if:
- You are at high risk for complications from COVID-19.
- Have a household member with COVID-19 symptoms.
- May have had exposure to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Have any of the following symptoms
- Shortness of breath
- Fever or chills
- Sore throat
- New GI symptoms
- Severe headache
- Body aches
- Recent loss of sense of smell or taste
When you arrive:
- Put your mask on before entering the building.
- Sanitize your hands before entering the building.
- We will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer when you arrive. If your temperature is elevated, you will not be permitted to attend class and you will receive a class credit.
While in the studio:
- Wear a mask at all times while inside. If you need a break from your mask, please go outside.
- Hand sanitizer is available at each workstation. Make a habit of using it regularly.
- Wash your hands often. CDC guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/when-how-handwashing.html
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance between you and other people, including the instructor while working in the studio.
- Do not wait in line for the bathroom.
- Avoid lingering in common work areas.
- Students will not be allowed to eat inside the studio. We suggest eating in your car or at the nearby park. Students may pull a stool out front to eat. Regular breaks will be taken during class for everyone to take a breather outside.
- Tool use
- Wash your hands or use the provided hand sanitizer before using any shared equipment in the studio.
- Do not leave tools out in common areas, put tools away as soon as you are finished.
- 2 students allowed at the hammering bench at a time.
- 2 students allowed at the soldering bench at a time.
- 1 student allowed at the buffing machines at a time. (Only the instructor may accompany you to this area.)
- Stick to your bench area as much as possible.
- Sanitize your work bench - lamp, chair handles and backs and drawers with isopropyl alcohol provided at ever bench when finished for the day.
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF RESPONSIBILITY
Agreement Not to Sue, Indemnification, and Hold Harmless Agreement
METALSMITHING AND JEWELRY MAKING ARE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS ACTIVITIES AND, AS SUCH, DANACA DESIGN REQUIRES ALL PERSONS ATTENDING DANACA DESIGN CLASSES, WORKSHOPS, SEMINARS, INDEPENDENT STUDY AND PRACTICE HOURS, OR USING ANY DANACA DESIGN EQUIPMENT OR FACILITIES TO SIGN THIS RELEASE AND WAIVER OF RESPONSIBILITY.
I understand that metalsmithing and jewelry making are inherently dangerous activities and acknowledge that the following inherent risks are associated with such activities, including without limitation: (1) the use of and exposure to superheated gases and torches; (2) handling hot metals and solder; (3) exposure to sharp objects; (4) exposure to power tools, and (5) latent risks associated with exposure to potentially dangerous chemicals and other hazardous materials. I understand that my negligence or failure to act within my abilities may contribute to or result in an injury and that Danaca Design, its instructors, founders and monitors will not provide me with any medical treatment or pay for any medical or other treatment expenses should I become sick or injured.
Danaca Design and its instructors, founders and monitors hereby specifically disclaims any and all responsibility or liability for, and I, on behalf of myself and my heirs, next of kin, spouse, guardians, legal representative, executors, administrators, successors, and assigns hereby knowingly and intelligently release Danaca Design, and its instructors, founders and monitors, from, any and all claims, whether known or unknown, which I may have relating to: (i) any and all damages to the student or any personal property of the student, including without limitation, indirect and consequential damages or injuries as a direct or indirect result of the inherent risks of metalsmithing and jewelry making; (ii) any liability relating to instruction, construction, design, or use of any Danaca Design equipment or facilities, manufacture of any product, or any other activity undertaken in conjunction with classes, workshops, seminars, independent study, and practice hours offered by Danaca Design or as a result of the use or application of information given or contained in any class, workshop, seminars, independent study, and practice hours offered by Danaca Design or contained in any writing given to me by Danaca Design or (iii) any actions taken by me while on the Danaca Design premises with respect to construction, design, use of equipment or facilities or manufacture of any product.
I HEREBY REPRESENT AND WARRANT UNDER NO DURESS AND ON MY OWN FREE WILL THAT I UNDERSTAND THAT BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT, I MAY BE WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS. I UNDERSTAND THAT I WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL ACTIONS TAKEN AT THE DANACA DESIGN FACILITIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, USE OF EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES. I UNDERSTAND THAT I AM SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL, FOR THE USE AND APPLICATION OF INFORMATION GIVEN AT ANY CLASS, WORKSHOP, SEMINAR, INDEPENDENT STUDY, OR PRACTICE HOURS, OR CONTAINED IN ANY WRITING DISTRIBUTED BY DANACA DESIGN.